- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup ground pecans * if you cannot find ground pecans, just use chopped pecans and grind them in the food processor
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups flour
Butter tart filling:
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter + 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp raisins *pecans can be substituted -finely chopped
Butter tart Filling:
- In little pot on stove high, add vanilla and light whipping cream, heat, then add butter.
- during a separate bowl, mix egg, and refined sugar.
- Add egg mixture to heat cream mixture and simmer on low, then add vinegar and starch.
- Keep whisking till thickened on med-low heat for regarding 10-15 minutes. It ought to be the consistency of gravy. take away from heat and put aside to cool down. when ten minutes, refrigerate.
- heat up kitchen appliance to 350 degrees F.
- In massive bowl, cream butter and sugar till combined. Add eggs and blend well,
- during a separate bowl, add flour, ground pecan and leavening along. combine with spoon till it becomes to stiff to continue employing a spoon, then use your hands to combine the dough along till it's fully incorporated.
- cowl and chill dough for one hour
- Roll dough into one " (approximately) balls. If the dough feels sticky, certify you've got some flour close to flour your hands as required.
- Press thumb into centre of ball to create a pit
- Press outside edges of cookie with a floured fork, as you'd round the fringe of a pie
- Bake for 10-12 minutes till gently brunet on all-time low
- As shortly because the cookies area unit out of the kitchen appliance, use your thumb or all-time low of a teaspoon to strengthen indent in cookie.
- Fill indent with regarding 1/2 tsp of cooled butter tart filling.
- still cool on rack for five minutes
- Store in electric refrigerator for ten days or freeze for up to four months
via Blogger http://bit.ly/2tdvGHf