- 4 cups fine-milled flour
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup lard
- 2 cups water
- Additional lard for deep-frying
- 3 pounds of ground beef
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 3 cups stewed tomatoes
- 4 cups finely shredded cheddar-jack cheese
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups fresh tomato, diced
- Green chile and/or red chile sauce
- to form the skillet bread, mix the flour, salt, and leaven in a very stand mixer with a dough hook. Add the lard and blend for two minutes on medium. Add the water and continue admixture till the dough is combined.
- kind the dough into half-dozen separate balls, then allow them to sit associate degree exceedingly|in a very} heat place for an hour.
- whereas the dough is sit ting, sauté the bottom beef, 1/2 the shredded yellow onion, and also the cooked tomatoes till the meat is hard-boiled through.
- Roll or hand-form every dough ball into a flat circle regarding ten inches in diameter. To french-fry the dough, heat a pot of lard to its smoking purpose. Drop every bit of dough into the lard, one at a time, and fry for regarding four seconds on all sides, turning the dough a minimum of four times in total, till the bread is deep-fried a golden brown.
- Layer toppings on skillet bread to taste: hard-boiled boeuf, romaine, the remaining diced onion, chopped cheese, diced tomato, and/or warm chile sauce.
via Blogger http://bit.ly/2UPRe8v